- The City of Sharon offers affordable, desirable and quality housing in comfortable, safe, and clean neighborhoods. Diverse housing choices provide the right home for any homeowner. The Sharon's Landlord Association fosters best practices and raises the bar for the city's rental properties.
- The Community Library of the Shenango Valley provides outstanding materials, programs and technology.
- Sharon is home to more than 30 houses of worship.
- Community Foundation, headquartered in Sharon, began in 1981 with $50,000 and has grown to nearly $50 million in charitable funds that identify and support community-based health, education, economic development, human services, historical, cultural and environmental activities. Sharon is also the home of the Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County which operates nationally recognized programs serving children and families in need.
- Sharon City School District’s elementary schools have outperformed 99.74 percent of their peers in the country, and have been recognized with the National Blue Ribbon School Award by the U.S. Department of Education including a new state-of-the-art elementary school open in 2013. Sharon High School offers 11 Advanced Placement Courses, an orchestra curriculum, and dual enrollment with Penn State.
- Established in 1965, Penn State Shenango is a student-centered campus located on 14.5 acres set in downtown Sharon offering a variety of both two and four year degrees.
- Laurel Technical Institute provides the highest quality education and professional certifications.
- Sharon Regional Health System’s School of Nursing provides quality, accessible education through its School of Nursing and School of Radiography.
- Sharon Regional Health System is an independent comprehensive health care provider for the northwest Pennsylvania-northeast Ohio region with 241 beds, 17 satellite centers and 1,750 employees.
- The Primary Health Network has its headquarters in Sharon and provides quality primary care services and access to specialty care corresponding with the needs of the people.
Sharon has some great volunteer opportunities available. Find out more!